To date, Six String Kids has helped to repair and donate over 160 instruments!
WHO WE ARE
This is a project that I founded with my kids, Mark and Sarah, in September 2017. The idea is simple–we identify generous people interested in donating their musical instruments, make any needed repairs, and deliver them to talented young musicians who can use them in the Boston area. – Michael Hemment
HOW TO DONATE
1. Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. We’ll schedule a time to pick up your instrument.
3. We’ll repair and clean it at our expense.
4. We’ll help you donate it through a charity partner.
We work with a variety of charities and local organizations to identify talented children who could benefit from owning their own instrument. We also help to repair some of the instruments used by these music programs. Our partners include:
- Music & Youth Initiative
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston
- Girls Rock Campaign Boston
- Rawkstars Inc.
- Hungry for Music
- Community Music Center of Boston
- Mass General Hospital Music Therapy Program
- Boston Public Schools Music Programs
- Berklee School of Music
Berklee School of Music Urban Service Award
Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston Community Impact Award